Title: American Power
Label: Skipstone Records
Released: 23 Jan 2012
Style: Contemporary Jazz
Format: MP3, FLAC, WMA
FLAC size: 1101 mb | MP3 size: 1141 mb | WMA size: 1549 mb
|1||With Speed [Electricity]||3:44|
|3||Flowing, Grand [Water]||4:00|
|4||Steady, Solemn [Crude]||5:27|
|5||Freely, With Forward Motion [Solar]||3:56|
|6||Lurching, Unstable [Fission]||2:16|
- Artwork – Mitch Epstein
- Cello – Erik Friedlander
- Design – Ryan Spencer, Takaaki Okada
- Edited By – Erik Friedlander
- Edited By [Performance] – Steve Hamilton, Susan Bell
- Liner Notes – Erik Friedlander, Mitch Epstein
- Mastered By – Steve Berson
- Music By – Erik Friedlander
- Performer – Erik Friedlander
- Photography [Scanning And Imaging] – Laumont Digital
- Photography By – Mitch Epstein
- Producer – Erik Friedlander
- Producer [Performance] – Olivier Koechlin, Ryan Spencer
- Transferred By – Steve Berson
- Written-By – Erik Friedlander
Limited edition of 500 handnumbered copies on 180 gram pressed audiophile vinyl. Each record is signed by both artists. Features a two-sided, 24x36 inch poster including Mitch Epstein's photographs from the presentation as well as Erik Friedlander’s handwritten score and a free digital download of the music.
This collaboration was originally performed on July 7, 2011 by Erik Friedlander and Mitch Epstein at Les Rencontres d'Arles, France with the generous support of The Prix Pictet. With thanks to Stephen Barber, Michael Benson and François Hébel.
Equipment: Luis & Clark carbon-fiber cello, #348, Milton, MA USA; bow made by Louis Gillet, Paris, France, @1950. The music was recorded at 88.2 kHz, 24-bit using ProTools HD, but then transferred through analogue gear by Steve Berson during mastering and recaptured at 44.1/16bit.
Go to www.americanpowermusic.com to download a digital copy of this album.
Edited at ArconomX.
Back sleeve mentions the subtitle: ‘A collaboration with Mitch Epstein’.
- Matrix / Runout ((Run-out Side A)): APLP001
- Matrix / Runout ((Run-out Side B)): APLP001
- Barcode: 6 16892 01964 0
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Copyright (c) – Mitch Epstein
- Copyright (c) – Black River Productions, Ltd.
- Printed By – Prestone Printing Company
- Recorded At – Excello Recording
- Mastered At – Total Sonic Media