Title: Remastered - The Complete Studio Recordings (1949-1969)
Label: Warner Classics
Country: UK & Europe
Released: 22 Sep 2014
Style: Opera, Classical, Romantic, Baroque
Format: MP3, FLAC, WMA
FLAC size: 1972 mb | MP3 size: 1099 mb | WMA size: 2709 mb
|06243||Maria Callas||Maria Callas - The Complete Studio Recordings (70xBox, Album, Comp, Mono, Dlx, Ltd)||EMI||06243||UK||2007|
|0946 3 95918 2 4, 3 95918 2||Maria Callas||The Complete Studio Recordings (1949-1969) (69xCD, Album, Comp, Mono, RE, RM, Car + CD-ROM + B)||EMI Classics, EMI Classics||0946 3 95918 2 4, 3 95918 2||UK & Europe||2007|
- Consultant [Recording Consultant During The Remastering Process] – Andrew Cornall
- Liner Notes – Tony Locantro, Warwick Thompson
- Liner Notes [Translation] – Andreas Klatt , Carlo Maria Perselli, Daniel Fesquet, Leandra Rhoese, Noémie Gatzler
- Photography By [Box Book: p. 10] – Luc Fourno
- Photography By [Box Book: p. 123] – Brian Seed
- Photography By [Box Book: p. 5] – Jean Tesseyre
- Photography By [Box Book: pp. 11, 24, 29, 30, 33, 43, 80, 93, 94, 102, 103, 105, 106, 109, 110, 113, 122, 127] – Erio Piccagliani
- Photography By [Box Book: pp. 21, 113] – Angus McBean
- Photography By [Box Book: pp. 23, 79, 119] – Pic Roger
- Photography By [Box Book: pp. 27, 126] – Ken Veeder
- Photography By [Box Book: pp. 84, 90] – Robert Doisneau
- Remastered By – Andrew Walter, Ian Jones , Simon Gibson
- Remastered By [Team Leader] – Allan Ramsay
Digital remastering (P) 2014 Warner Classics, Warner Music UK Ltd.
(C) 2014 Warner Classics, Warner Music UK Ltd.
Manufactured and printed in the EU.
On box cover (additional sleeve):
The complete collection of studio recordings by Maria Callas.
26 operas and 13 solo recitals, each repackaged in a special slipcase with it's own booklet featuring the original album cover artwork.
New transfers from the original master tapes, made at Abbey Road Studios using 24-bit 96kHz remastering.
Bonus CD-ROM contains libretti and translations.
Includes a luxury 132-page book containing rare images, a chronology, and articles about Callas's career, the recordings and the remastering process
Package: Hard cardboard rectangular box contains 40 individual card slipcases with a total of 69 CDs and 1 CD-ROM. Each slipcase contains the CD/CDs (some operas comes in 2 or 3 discs) in individual paper wallets and a booklet with info and liner notes in English, German, French and Italian. Librettos are not included in the booklets but inside the bonus CD-ROM in PDF files. The box also contains an exclusive book of 134 pages in English, German, French and Italian
First released on 22 September 2014. All 39 individual slipcases (except the CD-ROM) were also issued as stand-alone releases at the same time or a month later (not more than November 10). The stand-alone releases are identical (same package, including Category, barcode, etc.) with the ones contained in the box although some were also reissued in jewel cases (from 2016 and on).
Individual slipcases are ordered into the box in cronological order but there is no evident sign on them that shows the order (usually CD1, CD2 etc.). Category and barcodes are not in sequence either. The only way to find out the order is the matrix/runout info on each CD. The matrix/runout begins with the Category of the individual slipcase followed by two digits indicating the number of the CD. For example: Release Maria Meneghini Callas Sings Arias From Tristano E Isotta, Norma, I Puritani has a matrix/runout info 0825646340040-01 and is the 1st CD in the box while release Libretti (The Complete Studio Recordings) has a matrix/runout info 0825646339914-70 and is the 70th CD.
For complete info/credits/tracklist please consult the links of the individual titles/slipcases below. The date used before the title is the recording date as printed on each inner wallet of the slipcases.
1949: Maria Meneghini Callas Sings Arias From Tristano E Isotta, Norma, I Puritani
1952: La Gioconda
1953: Lucia Di Lammermoor
1953: I Puritani
1953: Cavalleria Rusticana
1953: La Traviata
1954: La Forza Del Destino
1954: Il Turco In Italia
1954: Maria Meneghini Callas Sings Operatic Arias By Puccini
1954: Maria Meneghini Callas Sings Operatic Arias
1955: Callas At La Scala (Her Great Opera Revivals: Medea, La Vestale, La Sonnambula)
1955: Madama Butterfly
1956: Il Trovatore
1956: La Bohème
1956: Un Ballo In Maschera
1957: Il Barbiere Di Siviglia
1957: La Sonnambula
1957: Manon Lescaut
1958: Callas Portrays Verdi Heroines: Lady Macbeth, Abigaille, Elvira, Elisabetta Di Valois
1958: Mad Scenes From Anna Bolena, Hamlet, Il Pirata
1959: Lucia Di Lammermoor
1959: La Gioconda
1961: Maria Callas Sings Great Arias From French Operas
1963: Callas À Paris (More Arias From French Opera)
1963-4: Maria Callas Sings Mozart, Beethoven, Weber Arias
1963-4: Callas Sings Verdi Arias (Aroldo • Don Carlo • Otello)
1963-4: Callas Sings Rossini And Donizetti Arias
1964-9: Arias From Aida, Attila, Un Ballo In Maschera, I Lombardi, I Vespri Siciliani, Il Corsaro, Il Trovatore
1953-69: The Callas Rarities
Libretti (The Complete Studio Recordings)
- Barcode: 0825646339914
- Barcode (Text): 8 25646 33991 4
- Label Code: LC 02822
- SPARS Code: ADD
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Classics
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Music UK Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Classics
- Copyright (c) – Warner Music UK Ltd.
- Remastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media GmbH – AExxxxx